Who Can Claim

Most employees in Ireland pay tax through the PAYE (Pay As You Earn) system, where your employer deducts tax directly from your wages for Revenue.

Every PAYE worker gets tax credits, which include reliefs you may be able to claim depending on your circumstances.
Even if you’ve left the country but have worked in Ireland within the last 4 years or you only worked part of the year, you can still claim!

There are lots of occupations that can claim for flat rate expenses such as:

Healthcare staff
Bar staff
Public servants
Retail staff

Restaurant Staff
Hotel staff
Army Personnel

Veterinary Nurses
Bus Drivers
Train Drivers
Defence Forces
Home Help

There are just too many occupations to list so why not fill out our online form and find out if you are due a tax refund!

What can I claim for?

There is a range of tax credits and reliefs that we will check if you are eligible to claim back, most of them you’ve probably never heard of before!

Tax Credits

Medical Expenses                                                           Dental Work

Redundancy Payments                                                 Rent Relief

Tax reliefs

Flat rate expenses                                                           Registration Fees                            

Widowers                                                                           Home Carer’s

Incapacitated Individual                                               Incapacitated Child

Dependent Relative                                                       Tax rebate for Tuition fees

Married persons


Claiming back overpaid tax:

There are many situations where you may have over paid tax on your earnings, such as your employer putting you on the wrong tax code or if you only worked for part of a year. My Tax Back will review the tax you have paid over the last 4 years and claim any refunds that may be due.


Claiming back overpaid USC

At My Tax Back, we check for refunds of USC for many things such as for any overpayments due to working more than one job or only working part of the year. If you earned under €12,012 in 2016, you are not liable for USC. However, if your weekly income is above a certain amount, Revenue can automatically believe you earn this level of income all year round, and deduct USC accordingly which means you end up being overcharged USC. So if you only worked for part of the year during the last 4 years make sure you fill in My Tax Backs online form so we can get it back for you!

Claiming back work related expenses:

Many of you will know that you can claim expenses for tools, work uniforms and other things that are a direct cost of your employment.

There are over 200 occupations that can claim back these expenses such as builders, plumbers, nurses, dentists and many more.

Refunds vary for each job type but range from €20 - €500 so over the last 4 years that could amount to up to €2,000!

Just fill in your occupation into our online form and we will check what tax credits you can claim.

Third level education fees:

Tax relief can be claimed on fees that you have paid for third level education courses. Tuition fees, including the student contribution fee, qualify for this relief.

It doesn’t matter if you are the student, or if you pay the fees on the student's behalf, you can still claim tax relief

Currently, there is no tax relief for examination fees, registration fees or administration fees.

For a full list of eligible public colleges, universities and institutions please click here.

What does it cost?

My Tax Back will review your tax on a no refund, no charge basis. This means that we won’t charge you anything to review your tax, we will only charge our fees is we successfully claim a refund for our client.

We endeavour to claim back the maximum possible refund for all our clients.

So, what are you waiting for? Fill in our online form today, or print, sign and post the form back to us at the address shown below to claim your refund:


My Tax Back

3 Ardmore Court


Co. Donegal